Friday 7 September 2012

In search of FREEDOM....


I tried, but I couldn’t escape. I was caught in the darkness drenched in black. I tried to fly but I knew my freedom was being curbed. My feathers were to be chained down in the cage. I won’t be able to see the blue sky. Across the clouds I won’t see the sun going down. I might not be able to hear my fellow mates even.

Suddenly I felt a strong force gripping my body. I tried hard but the grip was stronger. Will that grip kills me? Shall I be forbidden to my paradise even? I didn’t know. Only a shrill voice I could make to inform the nature that I was being captivated.

I was caught ultimately. We don’t have the habit of getting senseless but I was afraid of everything that was happening with me. I had never been held in this way before. For a moment I thought that the fowler was there and he would cut my wings off and I would never be able to fly.

Was it true, I won’t be able to fly?

Patience!! I had been taught while I started learning how to fly. I was put in a cage with enough of food in it. The cage was iron built and I knew that I would cease living my life from now on. I was a puppet in their hands and they would teach me to speak like them. I had heard from the old folks that humans like birds; like us imitating them.

But slowly I realized that they had kept me only as a pet and would do no harm to me. I was given adequate food. I was made to bathe once a week. I didn’t know that water had such soothing effect. But the water could not soothe my weary heart. Though everything was sufficient there, I missed something.

 I missed my freedom. I wanted to fly....in the blue sky .I sometimes sneaked here and there to find a path in the broken iron cage. Soon I realized that there was a little part which had started rotting already. I gazed for a chance.

One day as they were busy in their breakfast table, I got an option. Slowly and gently I flew out of the cage. I touched the free air of the nature. I felt the blue draping me in its arms. I felt myself free in midst of all the bonding that binds me with the nature.

3 comments:

Abondoned....

Have you ever felt being abandoned? Have you ever felt being used by someone whom you have trusted blindly? What happens when all the emot...